My Hadley hack
I was recently given a bag of fabrics by a family friend which contained some beautiful linens, cottons and wools. I couldn't believe she was getting rid of such lovely material - although I didn't protest too much in case she changed her mind! I used one of her lengths of blue cotton to make a Hadley top - my first Grainline Studio pattern.
The pattern has seams down the centre front and centre back which is a nice detail. I decided to add diagonal seams on either side of these lines to create a geometric feature. I'm going to do a separate blog post detailing exactly how I altered the pattern because I think it works well. The only other way I deviated from the pattern was in the finishings. The original pattern uses facings but I didn't have enough fabric to do this. I finished the raw edges with homemade contrasting bias instead.
The shape of this pattern is lovely - particularly the neckline. However, next time I use it I'll be making a couple of alterations to the fit. Firstly, I think I'll drop the bust darts by a couple of centimetres as they are too high for me. Secondly, I'll add at least two inches to the length as it is very short at the front. I think I need to make a high-waist skirt to wear with this version!